Thursday, April 19, 2007

Raising Helen and Count Olaf

18 July 2005 14:59

I would love to be able to hang out with my kids but no matter how cool or how hot you are, if you hang out with your kids, it's just plain silly when you come to their teenage years. They just want to live their own lives and want you OUT of their lives. And that leaves you wondering what you did wrong during their infant years. Well, I guess it's normal, and everyone just love to break the rules and not listen to adults.


I just watched Raising Helen y'day night and I cried my eyeballs out (gosh, my eyes are still swollen. Ppl might think I am a battered wife!!) Anyway, it's not that the show was soo good, but it's because the nail hits me so hard. Your kids grow up so fast and you don't know how to handle them. You're as new to adolescence years just as much as they are discovering puberty. And you have to manage it for them... gosh... Well, all we can do, really, is just TRY our best and leave the rest to God. That is why I am sooo afraid to have another child. It's so much pressure to be responsible for a live.



I also watched "A series of unfortunate events" y'day and what the little boy said when their parents died in a fire was so heart breaking. The well-learned little boy, Klaus, said, "I hate our parents. Didn't they have plans for us? How could they do this to us?" You see, the disappointed orphaned kids were left in the care of a cruel and greedy distance relative (Count Olaf played Jim Carrey) and they hated their parents for that.



It makes me realize how big the responsibility is. You CAN'T even die. It is your responsibility to keep yourself alive, healthy and wealthy to ensure the kids grow up well ad healthy. Both the shows have one thing in common. The kids' parents died in an accident and the kids are left in the care of a relative. It's a really scary thought... I am not pushing insurance nor will writing here, but just planning for the "future". Your dependents are depending on you to at least have some plans for them. Even I don't have much plans ... Talk about working for an insurance company and having a lawyer bro ahahaha.

Ok, sorry to have scare you. Having kids is not that scary. Only scary for scardy-cats like me (and Aunt Josephine)... fear of the unknown. I wonder who I am to leave Bryan to if anything happens...

Some thoughts for you: Have you made plans yet?

(note: all photos are courtesy of imdb.com)

No comments: