Thursday, April 19, 2007

Mr. & Mrs Smith

I have not watched a good, hilarious, star-studded, action-packed and meaningful movie in a lonngggg while. Movies nowadays are either this or that. But Mr. and Mrs. Smith seems to be the exactly the kind of movie that I would describe as TOTAL ENTERTAINMENT. It is THE kind of movie that I like. And the cast could not have been better. You can actually feel what’s going on in their minds by just looking at their expression/actions. They really didn’t waste their millions in hiring these 2 sexy artistes.



The storyline is simple and it revolves around a married couple who are having trouble with their marriage as they realized that each have kept secrets from each other. Yet the director can make it to be sooo amusing and entertaining, I can’t help but give it a Perfect 10. I usually am very reserve in giving a Perfect 10… but this show takes the cake. Perfect storyboarding, the director takes the show nicely from start till the end. Perfect timing too as there was never a boring moment in the show. Each scene was important in bringing out the emotions and tension that the moment requires and it carries over to the next scene perfectly. The first thing my movie partner asked me when we went into the cinema was, “Do you think Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are a good match?” Well, I couldn’t answer but I thought they were both sexy enough for each other. During the show though, I realized that that is exactly what the show wants us to see and feel. That this two are not entirely a perfect match (although Mrs. Smith aspire the marriage to be perfect), but are together nonetheless (because of love?). And the show also tells us that all marriages have problems, be it big or small, as 2 persons can never be the same no matter how similar they are. Marriages need some working out and communication, truthfulness and sex are the recipe to a good marriage – well at least that’s what the show tells us.



I shall not reveal more as that will just kill the surprise… just sit in and enjoy the movie. TOTALLY ENTERTAINING…It’s just PERFECT.

No comments: