Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Hancock - 71% B (PG13)

Tagline: There are heroes. There are superheroes. And then there's...Hancock

Rated PG 13 for intense sci-fi action, violence and language

Hmmm ... how do I categorise this movie? If I classify it as an action pack superhero movie, then it doesn't really stand out from the current blockbusters such as Iron Man and Incredible Hulk. The Marvel superheroes have so much history that their storyline will definitely win any wannabes hands down.

But if I categorise it under love story.... well, I give 2 thumbs up as it's a refreshing watch compared to the normal run-in-the-mill cheezy love story. I have to give the credits to the cast. Will Smith and Charlize Theron gave an extremely good performance in bringing out the feelings in this movie. They didn't need to talk, but their facial expression could tell me what they were feeling at that time. And I could actually feel for their characters. I won't give spoilers to the movie.. but I have to say that I could feel how the humiliated, unappreciated, lost, dejected, lonely Hancock feel throughout the show. I feel so sad for him because he practically had the whole world in his grash (being an immortal and invincible superhero) but yet he feels he have nothing (because he can't remember who he is and he feels like he's missing something in his life).

I am no fan of Will Smith. Never liked him, but I have to give due credits to his well done silverscreen performance. Good Job! And Charlize Theron was equally good when she expressed with her eyes, how much she is suffering from suppressed love. Also how much she wants to lead a normal life and yet protect the ones she love.

If you just exclude logic and just sit back and enjoy the silly antics and superb CGI. Not a movie that can win awards but definitely entertaining where it gives you a hearty laugh, and a good tug at your heartstrings.

Good job!

Storyboard: 15 of 25
Cinematography: 18 of 25
Issues Discussed (connection with viewers): 15 of 25
Casting: 23 of 25
Total Score :- 71 B

Source: http://www.imdb.com

No comments: